Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until you show me schematics to prove that design and accuracy of paintball are below that of airsoft, I Can't believe it :p .The typical airsoft won't shoot farther than a paintball gun. Maybe one of those electric ones, but as for spring, there is no way mate. As for accuracy, you are right, airsoft is far more accurate.
See you know very little about airsoft. Check the video I posted... do those look like your average spring gun from Big 5? Spring guns, Im assuming you know of, are low cost military assualt rifle types that you must c-o-c-k (stupid word censor :lol: ) after each shot to load another? Your absolutely right, those suck majorly. Those are not the type of airsoft guns we are discussing.

Electric guns consist of easily 90% of the airsoft market (known as AEG's), and the only spring guns of high quality (brand name is all im talking about here. Tokyo marui, Classic army, G&P, VFC, etc.) are sniper rifles. As expected a decent sniper rifle airsoft gun can outrange any AEG by quite a bit (im not talking expensive necessarily either, the *JG bar10* is an extremely common low priced sniper rifle that is ~$100 and shoots quite remarkably right out of the box and can be upgraded as you see fit). I dont have any schematics on hand, but I do know quite a bit on how they work. The thing airsoft guns have going for them is:

Much lighter and smaller projectiles

Hopup

Naturally the heavier larger paintballs fly with an arc whereas the lighter airsoft bb's can have their arc controlled with the use of the hopup mechanism. This enables much more range and much much more consistent results.

Last edited by a moderator:
See you know very little about airsoft, clearly. Check the video I posted... do those look like your average spring gun from Big 5? Spring guns, Im assuming you know of, are low cost military assualt rifle types that you must c-o-c-k (stupid word censor :lol: ) after each shot to load another? Your absolutely right, those suck majorly. Those are not the type of airsoft guns we are discussing.Electric guns consist of easily 90% of the airsoft market (known as AEG's), and the only spring guns of high quality (brand name is all im talking about here. Tokyo marui, Classic army, G&P, VFC, etc.) are sniper rifles. As expected a decent sniper rifle airsoft gun can outrange any AEG by quite a bit (im not talking expensive necessarily either, the *JG bar10* is an extremely common low priced sniper rifle that is ~$100 and shoots quite remarkably right out of the box and can be upgraded as you see fit). I dont have any schematics on hand, but I do know quite a bit on how they work. The thing airsoft guns have going for them is:

Much lighter and smaller projectiles

Hopup

Naturally the heavier paintballs fly with an arc whereas the lighter airsoft bb's can have their arc controlled with the use of the hopup mechanism. This enables much more range and much much more consistent results.
Mate, you don't have to tell me I know very little, I don't know much at all about airsoft.

It's your audacity to say that paintball isn't that realistic... well lets see how it is:

-Hurts more.

-initially has more force than airsoft therefore resulting in more momentum which means more pain. (I'm assuming your taking physics, F=MA, M=KgV)

-I can't say, in terms of caliber, but I would say that a paintball is more realistic in terms of weight.

Your basing realism on aesthetics.

As for lighter? If you mean the gun itself, I would say your wrong, but I haven't held many airsoft rifles. Typically paintball guns are light (4lbs<), it's the CO2/NO2/CA/XE that makes the gun heavy.

Now, lets see how airsoft is REAL other than aesthetics:

-Higher velocities

-Less trajectory arc (however this can be easily fixed via a flatline - that is for paintball)

-More accurate

-I guess more range now that you've explained it

Now in terms of gameplay:

PBall

-Sporadic fast-paced action

-Painful if shooting 400 fps (the standard here)

-You get to look like a gay motocross fag :)

Airsoft

-Tactical gameplay

-Ends quickly (because of the accuracy of the weapons compared to Pball)

-You get to look like an army jock

Personally only masochists should play paintball.

Come to think of it, spending dough on a good paintball gun is far cheaper than to purchase a good airsoft rifle...

And if you are right about Airsoft being on a wider scope, PaintBall is still greater in terms of a sports-tournament based, RECOGNIZED, game.

It's just a typical feud, we totally just hijacked this from COD MW2 :p .

Mate, you don't have to tell me I know very little, I don't know much at all about airsoft.It's your audacity to say that paintball isn't that realistic... well lets see how it is:

-Hurts more. thats easily debatable..... Having played paintball for years and the same for airsoft I'd say they can both hurt like ###### ;) :lol:

-initially has more force than airsoft therefore resulting in more momentum which means more pain. (I'm assuming your taking physics, F=MA, M=KgV) actually Im not yet, which is kind of odd. Your right that the paintball hits harder if thats what your saying.... its got a much larger surface area than bb's

-I can't say, in terms of caliber, but I would say that a paintball is more realistic in terms of weight. not quite sure what your saying here..... what does caliber have to do with weight?

Your basing realism on aesthetics. Im basing it off of the guns aesthetics yes, but also how they shoot. Airsoft guns like I said shoot farther more accurately meaning more realistic

As for lighter? If you mean the gun itself, I would say your wrong, but I haven't held many airsoft rifles. Typically paintball guns are light, it's the CO2/NO2/CA/XE that makes the gun heavy. I was refering to the projectiles. They are not as heavy obviously. *But*, airsoft guns are nearly at the same weight as the guns they portray. Paintball guns are not from my experience.

Now, lets see how airsoft is REAL other than aesthetics:

-Higher velocities yup they can be upgraded to very high fps

-Less trajectory arc (however this can be easily fixed via a flatline - that is for paintball) doesnt even compare to airsoft hopup

-More accurate much more :)

-I guess more range now that you've explained it Im sorry I've had a long day at school.... get on live and i'll explain it better lol. I have a hard time putting my thoughts down in writing.

Now in terms of gameplay:

PBall

-Sporadic fast-paced action bingo, though if thats your thing look up CQB games. They are played indoor usually and are very fast paced.

-Painful if shooting 400 fps (the standard here) fairly unsafe.... unless minimum engagement distances are required

-You get to look like a gay motocross fag :) :lol:

Airsoft

-Tactical gameplay again much more realistic (airsoft is used for military simulation and police training more often than you'd think... they use systema Ptw's)

-Ends quickly (because of the accuracy of the weapons compared to Pball) lol, dude there are so many different game types for both airsoft and paintball. Its not like you get shot and your out the rest of the game. Personally, our local group does 3 day (straight) games during the summer where 2 teams have a camp site and must complete various objectives same could be said for paintball because of how small the fields *usually* are.

-You get to look like an army jock lol :lol:

Personally only masochists should play paintball.

Come to think of it, spending dough on a good paintball gun is far cheaper than to purchase a good airsoft rifle... how so?

And if you are right about Airsoft being on a wider scope, PaintBall is still greater in terms of a sports-tournament based, RECOGNIZED, game. agreed..... sadly but airsoft is getting there in the U.S. Outside it is much more recognized.It's just a typical feud, we totally just hijacked this from COD MW2 :p . Pretty much lol. Well no one was really posting so w/e I thought I'd spice it up a bit. ;) :lol:

well you could have been refering to the fact tht you have played it on COD4..... as you know the whole game is fairly different than CODMW2.

w/e, im going to play it :lol:

Latest posts