Community Inspiration.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is it coming?
Currently on hold for additions since we now have a few nymphs in molt process to L4. The two house plants I added in didn't survive long due to improper conditions (low light/high humidity) so atleast I know exactly what plants will and will not live... But the others are doing well!

After these few molt I'm planning to add in some newer moss donated from Sticky. I'm off Monday and Tuesday so we can expect some newer updates on our project plus some photos of the ghosts that call it home.

Went through the entire thread, as I'm trying to get ideas for when I get ready for my mantids, and have to say this is a wicked setup! I don't think I could really donate anything with shipping and I don't think we have anything that exciting up here lol but I'll keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went through the entire thread, as I'm trying to get ideas for when I get ready for my mantids, and have to say this is a wicked setup! I don't think I could really donate anything with shipping and I don't think we have anything that exciting up here lol but I'll keep an eye out.
Thank you :)

Though id gladly help pay on shipping.

Slow, but amazing. ;)

Been on call alot for work (as we had a team member walk out on us...) so been quite busy lately, but I've been trying to get other things done with the mantids and our project build here. I was able to get out yesterday... Found some really nice ivy (native) ive already dropped in the tank.

I received the moss from our last transaction Sticky, I layed some of that in as well. I really love those star like shapes protruding from the moss. :D

I received a handful of reinforcements (ghosts) from Dmina, I just added them in about 10 mins ago.

Added in another clone, as the original seems to be doing great in the tank I figured id throw in another.

Still have clones of some of the exotic ivy and a few natives I may add....

Sorry about the delay on our project build, work and family have been sucking my energy and time away lately. But all is going great and ill upload photos of all the updated progress tonight after I get off! :D

Slow, but amazing. ;)

Been on call alot for work (as we had a team member walk out on us...) so been quite busy lately, but I've been trying to get other things done with the mantids and our project build here. I was able to get out yesterday... Found some really nice ivy (native) ive already dropped in the tank.

I received the moss from our last transaction Sticky, I layed some of that in as well. I really love those star like shapes protruding from the moss. :D

I received a handful of reinforcements (ghosts) from Dmina, I just added them in about 10 mins ago.

Added in another clone, as the original seems to be doing great in the tank I figured id throw in another.

Still have clones of some of the exotic ivy and a few natives I may add....

Sorry about the delay on our project build, work and family have been sucking my energy and time away lately. But all is going great and ill upload photos of all the updated progress tonight after I get off! :D
Oh you got more ghosts, awesome! I love that ivy plant i needs to collect some lol. Sorry youve been so busy buddy!

Current status of the build. The added clone (right corner.) seems to be taking well... Can't say the same about the ivy though... I may need to end up removing it.

The pill bugs seem to have wiped out the little patch of moss I stuck in there from Sticky. But I've got more.

Acquired a proper lid.

Some photos of the ghost crew.

Most of the ghosts have hit L3, but there is still a few smaller ones running around in there. ^_^

Also.... I'll be removing and adding in more later on this week, I still have a good handful of backup clones ive been letting grow out for the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Current status of the build. The added clone (right corner.) seems to be taking well... Can't say the same about the ivy though... I may need to end up removing it.

The pill bugs seem to have wiped out the little patch of moss I stuck in there from Sticky. But I've got more.

Acquired a proper lid.

Some photos of the ghost crew.

Most of the ghosts have hit L3, but there is still a few smaller ones running around in there. ^_^

Also.... I'll be removing and adding in more later on this week, I still have a good handful of backup clones ive been letting grow out for the tank.
Fantastic!! so great to have a nice ol lid! Too bad the ivy isnt holdin up, but thats nice that the other plants are! looks awesome! cant believe how green some of those ghosts are, wow!

Theres a good number of greens, both male and female... But the greenest ones ARE females :)

Of course there's darker ones in there too, and I believe one of the darker males molted through the night/early morning to an L4... He's definitely larger than the other L3's.

Also, a male / female pair was removed and relocated to another member today (Mantidbro) as requested by the donor. (dmina)

...They should arrive Friday to their new location. :)

Theres a good number of greens, both male and female... But the greenest ones ARE females :)

Of course there's darker ones in there too, and I believe one of the darker males molted through the night/early morning to an L4... He's definitely larger than the other L3's.

Also, a male / female pair was removed and relocated to another member today (Mantidbro) as requested by the donor. (dmina)

...They should arrive Friday to their new location. :)
Awesome! i remember my male molted before the female too!

Yaaay i cant wait!! i really loved the species when i had it, im excited to have them again. Theyre friggin adorable, seriously the tamest mantid ive ever owned was Kent-Lok, my female.

Latest posts