Incubation Success...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another update 4-12-13: Blepharopsis mendica ooth hatched earlier today. Approximately 40 nymphs.

Bleph nymphs:

Bleph_hatch_zpsa5b7ca13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4-13-13: Looks like I'm getting nymphs every day now. :) Another ghost ooth hatched today. Approximately 24 nymphs:

ghost_hatch_zpsb11d2264.jpg

H. Bipapilla girl also laid her 2nd ooth today:

bipapilla_ooth2_zps14529094.jpg

4-16-13: I had more Stagmomantis nymphs hatch yesterday from a different ooth. 11 nymphs total:

stagmo_hatch3_zps02e2c4fb.jpg

Here's a pic of my bleph nymphs. They sit still all day now:

bleph_nymphs_zpsf5a7782d.jpg

..and a couple sybilla pretiosa nymphs:

sybilla_nymphs_zpsdba6c184.jpg

Nymph overload! Lovin the pretiosa pic... Mine are L3 and hella quick!
Thanks, Danny.

LOL. these guys used to run up and out the deli cup when I would open it but now they're a little more graceful and easier to handle. I think mine are L3 as well.

I received some L2 deroplatys truncata nymphs today. They seem to have the same personality as lobatas and dessicatas..they're very curious little guys:

deroplatys_truncata_zpsd0b5fc7d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Danny.

LOL. these guys used to run up and out the deli cup when I would open it but now they're a little more graceful and easier to handle. I think mine are L3 as well.
Mine still go nuts lol... I have to be careful I don't smash they're long legs! :p

Congratz Mike u getting more and more mantis now lol watch out for ur GF lol ..
Thanks, Albert! I just received an ooth from Damian today and soon I'll have yours. Little does she know!!! :devil:

He'll be on skid row along with his containers lol... jk! :p
LOL...last year I lived like 5 blocks away from skid row in DTLA. It would have been a short walk for me to a new home hahah

The last two days I've had 2 more Stagmomantis Cali ooth hatch. One was from the last ooth that hatched and the other was new.

stagmo_hatch5_zps809f6158.jpg

stagmo_hatch4_zps540265b2.jpg

L2 nymph:

stagmo_nymphL2_zps690b23b4.jpg

LOL that's another 100+ Griffin Babies ...
I'm still waiting on my griff ooth to hatch...and I'm okay with that. It can take its sweet ol' time. After that stunt you pulled with the H. multispina ooth (hatching out 300 nymphs), I need a break. :sweatdrop: :surrender:

I'm still waiting on my griff ooth to hatch...and I'm okay with that. It can take its sweet ol' time. After that stunt you pulled with the H. multispina ooth (hatching out 300 nymphs), I need a break. :sweatdrop: :surrender:
LOL I still can't believe it hatch out 300 for you .... I did a good job mating her lol ..

LOL. You guys are making me nervous. I'm incubating 8 different ooths right now and most of them are due to hatch during the first 2 weeks of May.

Albert, I showed my gf the ooth you sent me and she asked me how many nymphs I expect out of it since its so big. I looked her in the eye and said about 40 nymphs. Lol