Precarious

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprisingly this is the first time I've dealt with Precarious, and it was great. Packing, pricing, speed, and health of the mantids all get an A+, nice job man!

Henry is great would recommend him to anyone....

SUPER fast shipping, he shipped my ooth out the very next day.

I cant wait for these little ones to hatch.

I give him 3 out of 5 because the four nymphs survived and but ate their two siblings because of a delay.

But four nymphs made it and were placed in proper housing. They are okay and eating ffs. I hope to purchase some more like the nymphs next time.

I apolognize for little misunderstooding. It's my first time ordering from a forum member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not satisfied with the order. What a waste of my money.

I will not order from him again. I give him 3 out of 5 because the four nymphs survived and but ate their two siblings.

But four nymphs made it and were placed in proper housing. They are okay and eating ffs.
Yeah, big waste of money and my time. I go out of my way to accept a personal check, ship 6 nymphs to someone that only paid for 5, then get blamed when the post office delays delivery causing cannibalism.

Listen up everyone, you are taking a chance when you use Priority. That's the bottom line.

What's worse is he comes back claiming the zip was smeared on the label so it was my fault it was late. I write all my shipping labels with pen that doesn't smear. I delivered it in perfect condition to the post office or they wouldn't have accepted the box when I paid.

I shipped 3 nymphs each in two separate containers well stocked with Hydei. One was cannibalized from each container. Mkayum lost one, and I lost the one I gave him for free. I offered replacement if he ordered something in the future. That wasn't good enough. I'm not eating shipping costs for a single $4 nymph because the post office screwed up.

The resolution is:

1) No more personal checks.

2) No more selling to minors with unrealistic expectations.

3) Mkayum makes my "do not sell" list. Second on the list! Congrats! Take note sellers. I am a very generous guy with great communications kills but I didn't bend over backwards quite far enough to please this kid.

Yeah, big waste of money and my time. I go out of my way to accept a personal check, ship 6 nymphs to someone that only paid for 5, then get blamed when the post office delays delivery causing cannibalism.

Listen up everyone, you are taking a chance when you use Priority. That's the bottom line.

What's worse is he comes back claiming the zip was smeared on the label so it was my fault it was late. I write all my shipping labels with pen that doesn't smear. I delivered it in perfect condition to the post office or they wouldn't have accepted the box when I paid.

I shipped 3 nymphs each in two separate containers well stocked with Hydei. One was cannibalized from each container. Mkayum lost one, and I lost the one I gave him for free. I offered replacement if he ordered something in the future. That wasn't good enough. I'm not eating shipping costs for a single $4 nymph because the post office screwed up.

The resolution is:

1) No more personal checks.

2) No more selling to minors with unrealistic expectations.

3) Mkayum makes my "do not sell" list. Second on the list! Congrats! Take note sellers. I am a very generous guy with great communications kills but I didn't bend over backwards quite far enough to please this kid.
I didn't meant that you smear the zip code. You mistunderstood me. I tried looking for my zip code and didn't realize that you wrote a big zip code .I looked at it and i wonder where were my zip code was. I figured it out that maybe the carrier skipped it or didn't look harder at the address or holded the package till they saw the zip and delivered it. I'm not blaming on him. I'm just figuring out what cause a delay on the package. I tried sending you a message. It appears that your messages were full.

That's the message that I tried sending you but your messages were probably full because the bar says that you wouldn't able to recieve the messages.

"I had to delete my old messages so I would focus on your message. I accidently removed including you and me messages. I had to make a new one.

I'm sorry if I offend you. I'm not blaming on you. I'm just giving a suggestion. I understand. I was just trying to figure out what may cause a day delay on the package.

Thank you for trying to help out (the check and also explaing the situation. etc)

It's my first time purchasing nymphs from a forum member like you.

Thanks for the nymphs. I was a little upset but I was happy that I didn't lose them all. I guess I got my hopes up too much.

Sorry about the little misunderstooding between us.."

I didn't meant that you smear the zip code...
My mail is not full. I haven't deleted messages in a month yet got yours and others today. Don't know what that was about. Sounds more like your box was full.

Whatever you're saying about the zip is not coming across understandable. Doesn't matter, really. I write the zip code just to the right of the state. Never had a problem before. If something was written under that line it was someone other than myself. As I stated, they would have brought that up when I paid for the package. And, in all seriousness, delivery men know how to find a zip whether to the right or below. That won't hold up delivery.

In your PM to me you stated "the nymphs that i ordered from Other people they all arrived safe and in their own cups." Now you are saying this was your first order.

I don't know anyone that ships L2 nymphs separately. Ask a big seller like Yen Saw if he ships L2 nymphs individually housed. He doesn't. L2s of any species will generally be tolerant of each other. I would go nuts if I had to individually pack all the Orchids I shipped out this past month. And I keep Oxys communally till subadult with very little cannibalism so there is no need to package L2s separately unless they get held up in the mail. Putting too many FFs in the cups can cause the nymphs to die from the stress, so there is only so much you can do.

Look, I'm sorry too, but you were blaming me for things I have no control over. You came up with multiple 'reasons' why it was my fault. I don't need the headache over a $20 order.

On rare occasions I run across a breeder so dedicated to raising healthy and robust mantises that he generously shares valuable knowledge to assist in the survival and propagation of the species. Henry is already a well-known photographer, prolific forum poster, and breeder. What you may not know is that he also happens to be one of the most helpful and likable hobbyists, and literally bends over backwards to accommodate reasonable requests. Again, I was impressed with the professional packaging of the Orchid nymphs I received in a snazzy and super insulated box with heat pack. All arrived in pristine condition as expected, but Henry was so helpful with suggestions in improving their survival through multiple exchanges of emails that I have to admit that he is definitely a 5+ star seller. Folks, it just doesn't get better than this and Henry didn't compensate me for all the high praises. He's just that good! Thank you, Henry for another amazing buy!

Just received a batch of nymphs from Henry and I couldn't be happier! You would have to look far and wide to find a better seller/breeder than him, period!

To put him on a scale of 1-10, you guessed it 11... Thanks Man!!!

Just received my Parcel from Henry. Everything was perfect, shipping, communication and plump nymphs! Will be a pleasure to do business with again! Thanks!

Received a ooth, that felt like it was made out of gold. Must be choc full of nymphs. :fortuneteller: Giant smily hatching out.

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. Never felt such a heavy ooth!
Well it was full alright. Must of hatched out 500+ nymphs. The species that hatched out is one of the clingiest mantis I know. So spliting up the nymphs was quite a process, last night. :surrender:

Well it was full alright. Must of hatched out 500+ nymphs. The species that hatched out is one of the clingiest mantis I know. So spliting up the nymphs was quite a process, last night. :surrender:
:eek: Holy cr@p! Thanks for the update.

I ordered 5 marbled mantises from Precarious. He was a fast and understanding communicator, changing my shipping address 3 different times while I figured out where I would be when the shipment arrived. I appreciate that.

I recieved 6 healthy nymphs packaged in a single McCafe 16oz cup. They were all alive and well.

A+ transaction, would(and probably will) buy from again.

Just received an ooth today from Henry and I have to say 11 as well!!!

He is the most bestest and totally rocks!

He is fast and friendly and will send you crazy good music videos!

And boy does he know how to pack a parcel!!!

I think he could give Yen Saw a run for his money! :)

My ooth hatched today and there's a gabillion Oxy's running rampant!

Just received some Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii and Oxyopsis gracilis nymphs. They were well-packaged and he included extras! They were active and ate readily.

Thanks Precarious!

Latest posts