The Mantis Team

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought his wings would be the same color as the rest of his body. But I like this color of wings on him. He looks more like a dried old leaf now.

Here a better pic of one of my creo nymphs

Creo-nymph2.jpg

Meet Hercules: first L4 male Sphodromantis Gastrica. He was big enough to see his butt clearly. He has one little handicap. He does't use  right hind leg with  walking. I hope next  molt will heal his leg.

Hercules.jpg

The other  oneI don't know yet. Waiting for it to molt to see what gender it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hercules is not doing well. :( He is letargic.  He didn't eat his fruit flies.... The molt he went trough wasn't a good one. I was hoping it was just only his leg. But he is fading away :( * sighs*

Hercules is not doing well. :( He is letargic.  He didn't eat his fruit flies.... The molt he went trough wasn't a good one. I was hoping it was just only his leg. But he is fading away :( * sighs*
Oh no! Have you tried honey water?

- MantisGirl13

He is almost gone.... Drinking some honey water won't help. They seem so strong and fragile at the same time. Too bad I won't see his wings :(

yeah, Hercules didn't make it. I buried him in the mantis cemetary. He was just L4...

Some good news: Alana got her wings. She molted last night and so did 1 of the Creo's.

Will post a pic of Alana later ;)

My gastitrica female is molting at the moment (think L4) I have called her Xena. I hope it will be a good molt:

xena.jpg

Alana was this night roaming on my desk and here I found her this morning:

alana-rytlock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts