The Mantis Team

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry about your creo! Yes, your remaining one is female. It's a shame you live so far away because my remaining creo is a male!

- MantisGirl13

Her name is Xena. Too bad the other one died.

Ghosty was for 1 day lost. He was done mating I think and started wandering/flying.😖 I was looking everywhere where he could be. (my desk) Alana is still on her place free on my desk.  But no Ghosty. And i just found him hours later again on the floor at the other side of my living room. I was so happy that i found him agin. I don't know if they have connected. But I will keep the ooths Spooky will lay.

Ghosty is safe in his cup again.👍

I made some pics on my camping trip too: Spooky is here enjoying the sun.

spooky-sun.jpg

k.

Congrats!!!! Looks like a success!!!

(Love the mantis claw pic in the background lol)

- MantisGirl13

nope was not a succes sadly enough. tarzan left the back of alana and i put him back in his home. didnt dare him to be un supervised alone with alana during the night. I had to sleep.

the claw in the background is of Cochise🤣 she was eating a grasshopper there.

The pic you showed looks like a connection. How long was Tarzan on Alana's back?

- MantisGirl13

Not long till he climbed off her back. I was thinking that  when i took the pic that they were connecting, but it didn't happen. sadly enough.

I think I will try again tomorrow. then I will be home all day. Hopefully it will work then.

Tarzan and Alana are both free whole day today. But Tarzan did not try to get on Alana's back again. They are both keeping an eye on each other.

Tarzan grabbed 2 flies that are in my home: 1 he ate the other he nibbled on😁 he can still grab 1 fly that is bugging me.

Tarzan  was at Alanas back again. But i haven't seen a connection, Maybe they were connected during 1 of my naps. I dont know. today Tarzan showed no interest. I put him back.

Today 2 new addtions arrived: 2 L4 budwings😎 They are in their new homes and are eating fruitflies. I will try to see what gender they are later. I wanted them so badly and my breeder had them so i gave myself 2 budwings. I hope they are male and female.

Here a pic of 1 of my budwings:

bud1.jpg

Rytlock. He turned out very handsome. I love his colors and his eyes has a redish glow in them. Cool.😎

rytlock-adult.jpg

1 of my budwings molted. It had a good molt.👍

Is was nice weather today so i took the time to take some outside pics of the females. I wanted an outside pic of Rytlock too( love his eyes, makes him special)  but i didnt do it. Too afraid that he will fly away.

spooky9.png

alana-adult4.jpg

ayaweya4.jpg

I was taking pics of Ghosty and I saw that he lost his tarsi at his frontleg (hook can replace it) and at hind leg.🤔 Poor guy is handicapped at his old age..

ghosty8.jpg

He still flies and climbs despite his missing "feet"

Hera molted last night and is grown a lot. She had a good molt

But I am a bit woried about Xena my creo. She has puked 2x since i gave a fruitflies. It doesnt smell, but is very messy. Had to clean her cup 2x too. she is on honey trwater treatment. she needs to get some fluids inside her.

And I need to get new fruitflies again, this culture is dying off. then i will buy fresh grasshoppers too

Tarzan died today. He lost a leg earlier where he had a wound on a joint on his leg. I found it on the bottom of his home. I thought that was strange and now the poor guy is dead.😢 he was a curious mantis that I found sometimes on unsuspected places. like last time afer mating in my living room. I will miss the guy.

tarzan.jpg

I hope he will live on in his offspring.....