The Mantis Team

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks :) but she is really a he🤣. I was looking at his butt and saw it was a male. I saw an extra segment on is abdomen. Think he will get the name Hercules.

As far as I know his molt went well.

Trying to mate Spooky and Ghosty tonight. Ghosty has mounted Spooky, but is not trying to connect (yet) I had put them together and it didnt take long before he climbed on back of Spooky. Spooky didnt had a problem with that. I had given her some prey she ate. But nothing has happend yet.

spooky-ghosty-together.jpg

Nope, Ghosty tried a few times to move his butt over Spookies abdomen, but that is it.  He just sits on her back and Spooky don't mind it. Both both with their heads pointing to the ground.

They look cute together.❤️ Spooky moves her butt,  maybe she signals: Ghosty hurry up.😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, He sits still on Spookies back and does nothing. Is he scared to mate? how long does it  take for ghosts to get it done? I suspected more action of him.

Nope, He sits still on Spookies back and does nothing. Is he scared to mate? how long does it  take for ghosts to get it done? I suspected more action of him.
It should only take a few hours once he's connected.

- MantisGirl13

woke up this morning and saw that Ghosty hung on the underside of Spooky, I moved Ghosty back on her back. I don't know if there is been a connection.  Ghosty won't let Spooky go. (yet) I moved them to my desk so I watch them better

Update spooky and Ghosty:  Ghosty STILL sits on Spookies back. Did they connect  with each other or not? I don't know.

I gave Spooky another baby grasshopper...she ate it

spooky-ghosty-together2.jpg

I have put them on a fake plant.

Ghosty was hanging like normally on Spookies back. I took him away of her. And they both are resting in their own cups. Think I will try again next week because i 'still don't know if they have connected.

Think Spooky is tired off carriying Ghosty for a day. She can sleep now.🤣

I will try Alana and Tarzan too next week too

The biggest roach has already her name on it ;) I am out this weekend so not time to let them mate.

My mantis sitter knows how she must care for my mantids while i am camping. I am only taking Alana, Ghosty and Spooky with me (ghosty because i am handfeeding him) the others to show to kids there ;)

And I howed spooky and alana during the weekend camping. some didnt know there are a lot of mantis species. 😎 The mantis sitter could somehow not enter my home, they they had was bad. too bad my mantids didnt got the care they wanted, but gladly enough they were all alive and one of the creos molted.

I told the mantis sitter that that key needs to be replaced and tested.

Here a pic of Alana enjoying the sun

alana-adult3.jpg

Not everyone is ok. 1 of my creos is dying. It fell down and that isn't a good sign..... Think it was the lack of food too long. of the misting. I gave the poor thing some honey water. Maybe it helps to give strength to fight for its life. I do't think he ate some of the FF I gave yesterday. The freshly molted one is doing fine.

tried to mate Alana and Tarzan, but Tarzan climbed over her and away while Alana was eating her adult dubia. I will try in a couple of days again.🤔

I think the surviving creo is a female. I would like some confirmation on that.

:
xenas-butt.jpg

Latest posts