The Mantis Team

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Tarzan wiith his beautiful wings:

tarzan4.jpg

I am waiting for ghosty to molt too.😎 He has  very swollen wing buds too. When Spooky is dried up/harden I will move her to a cup with more width. She needs more room to move now.

The 2 Creos are home. They are soo small ;) but I could take a pic of one of them. They are sitting now in their cup eating fruit flies.

Creo-nymph.jpg

Still no molting of Ghosty. It has been a while that he ate something .🤔

More news: 1 of the gastricas molted. I think it is big enough to have a good look at its butt: is it male or female? I let it be for a while, till it has eaten and has a nicely filled abdomen to see the sengments.

Ghosty finally molted👍  He is hanging to dry and then his next job is inflating his wings😎 I think Spooky will like her mate (not to eat)

2 molts on 1 day and 2 new arrivals. A good day.

ghosty5.jpg

finally ghosty has his wings too

Creo-nymph.jpg

creo nymph: 1 of my 2 new creos. they are Cute.

Ghosty has beautiful wings and they are light brown. I show tomorrow a pic of this handsome guy.

Alana isn't giving the fly in her home attention. She ate 1 earlier today. If the fly isn't gone by tomorrow then I know enough: she is preparing for her final molt.

I hope I  can try to let Ghosty and Spooky mate in a few weeks. (and hope Ghosty won't be eaten.)

I hope I  can try to let Ghosty and Spooky mate in a few weeks. (and hope Ghosty won't be eaten.)
While I've not tried yet, it imagine ghosts would be super easy and prolific in producing oothecae. 

I'll be separating adult males from adult females tomorrow or Monday. Just not ghosts yet. Spiny males and the handicapped panther male are getting set up upstairs. Nymphs and females will stay downstairs. This week I'll have the male mega, and next week the truncata male to go upstairs 

Ghosts are very easy to breed and females regularly lay ooths every week. 

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts