Mantisplace

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... At first I was a happy camper and and kept shopping here for my mantis supplies. Until the day I got REALLY bad BB's. These BB's were so bad they didn't even have wings, forget half wings, on top of that I only got about 20 flies from my whole order. They came out looking deformed and no cold pack was included in my shipping. Other then that, business is OK. I'm still not a happy camper and I give her 2 out of 5 stars. 2 for having a product to sell and offer others and for selection. 3 more stars could have been added if products were fresh, prices not so steep and a little better customer service. Still had to buy my BB's elsewhere.

got good stuff from her today

lots of slightly damaged but functional 80oz cups (i bought the damaged ones to save some $$ ;) )

lots of fly spikes and pupae, and 3 free multispina nymphs

top notch seller indeed :)

Another great shipment from Rebecca who packed the Hydeis so well that even though the postal service saw fit to take an extra day in getting my package to me, the flies (hundreds of them with no media requested) were anxiously awaiting my using them. Again, thanks to good packing, I am happy again.

Good job Rebecca....again!

Rich S

Received some Ghosts and a plethora of supplies from her about a week ago. Also received a few extra mantis for forum support. Everything arrived in tip top shape and I will definitely ordering more from Rebecca. I am very happy with her service. She replied to every email very promptly and even made a last second adjustment to my order that was super helpful.

All in all i am a very happy camper

I have also ordered a couple of times from rebecca, and i am also a very happy camper. Currently im waiting on nymphs for forum supporter status and an order of various mantis supplies.5 stars for sure, she is always prompt with andwering questions too.

got my orders in a timely manner, thanks for the houseflies that came with the nymphs Rebecca! Got those yesterday, today I got my other supply order. everything is great, my mantids are in their new homes and happy. Now if I could only figure out why I ordered 400 houseflies lol. I think I want to rear them , but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah forgot to mention probably like an hour from getting my nymphs, the ghost and the multispina shed lol.

forgot to write another positive transaction. Orderd some turkish glider and some yellow hideys. Not sure if I got yellow hideys (they look black) and the turkish gliders look like regular melanos but I don't care the cultures are prolific, I immediately started new cultures from them, this was 4 days ago, 2 days ago Rebeccas cultures turned into nothing but a bunch of maggots (lots and lots!), and today the melanos are booming like crazy. I had to make another culture, same for the hideys booming slower of course but still boomin. Excellent cultures. They put the cultures at petsore chains to shame. highly prolific, probably won't have to buy them again but I would if I have to. Will probably be placing an order again in the near future for some other accessories here and there. I'm probably going to end up buying your whole inventory sooner than later lol. why are you doing this to me!?!! I'm broke!

I haven't done a review of the quality service I always get from Rebecca as of late.

So I want to say that since I got back into mantids, I've been ordering all my flys from her.

Sometimes I'm even kind of late with my order and don't remember to place my order until late at night...

Yet somehow my order somehow goes out the next day...early too. And I get my flys on time and lots of them.

They seem to hatch in just a few days...longer for magots, of course. But always quick as I need them badly, and never any bad batches.

My mantids are so fat because of her wonderful understanding and quick delivery.

What can I say but thank-you so much Rebecca. Happy mothers day.

*I wish I could just reach out and give you a big hug through your screen*

Harry

So this will be a mixed review, but I still firmly believe Rebecca is an awesome person and someone I will continue to do business with. When I first placed my order I had a lot of questions for her. Her responses were prompt and always provided the explanation I needed. After realizing that blue bottles may be a bit too large for L3 D. lobatas I asked her to exchange the BBs for HF pupae if she thought it was best. Instead she gave me plenty of both (probably more than I ordered)! The hatch rate was very good and I was very satisfied with the feeders. All of the startup equipment I needed was packaged well and showed up for delivery (and it was quite a lot). I also received a bonus mystery mantis. I'm pretty sure it is a T. sinensis, and while I originally considered this somewhat of a visually boring species the little fellow has surprised me quite a lot with its acrobatics and voracious hunting style.

Unfortunately, one of the D. lobatas I ordered was nowhere to be found. The cup had arrived but had spilled open sometime during shipping and the mantis managed to slip out somehow. I emailed her explaining the situation and she promptly responded. She agreed to send a replacement at the cost of shipping. I really hoped to get a breeding pair and figured this was a fair compromise and paid the $25 for express shipping. However, I live alone at my apartment and in graduate school it is just not feasible to work normal or flexible hours sometimes. So the day that it arrived I was unable to be there to receive the package. I woke up early and went to pick it up the next day, but when I opened the cup I discovered a dead mantis. Honestly, it was an unusually hot May day and I suspect sitting in the heat in the delivery vehicle all day probably killed it. Also, I live in a big city and I'm pretty certain there is an inverse correlation between population density and integrity and work ethic of USPS employees. Their complete unwillingness to provide any helpful information in helping me track my package resulted in two hours of driving around trying to find which branch it was located in. So losing the replacement mantis was really more the fault of myself and USPS. However, ordering mantids from Rebecca (and certainly others) comes with the risk of dealing with USPS and uncertain weather. She has cold packs and if your around to sign for the package then she will guarantee live delivery, but that can be difficult for some people. It is certainly disheartening to have spent as much money as I have and come out of the process with half the mantids, but it is not really Rebecca's fault beyond the originally loose cup that the first mantid came in and I will continue to do business with her. It just would have been nice to have avoided the let down of negative one mantis at the price point of $50 and I need to figure out an alternative strategy for getting live bugs to continue with this hobby. :(

you can always have your packages "hold for pickup" at your local post office, that's what a lot of people do who can't wait on the mail. Sorry the baby arrived dead, you never wrote, heat will build up in packages and you know the mail people do not care. They deliver, thats all they care about going back with an empty truck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts